Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Friday, August 2, 2013

From one ancient continent to another.

Today we decided to take a little day trip, and ended up traveling through time. We visited Cape Chignecto Provincial Park in Nova Scotia, since we're camping in this province anyway.To my delight, we found that the nearest trail led down to the beach, which is also the site of the fault line between two ancient continents that made up Pangea. While the fault line isn't visible this year, evidence of it is. 

Here you see my hubby, Allan, standing beside the outcropping that is as close as we can get today, since it's not visible. Below, you see the sign and in the bottom left is what it's looked like in previous years. It still shifts occasionally, and since I may never see the San Andreas fault out west, this is as close as I am going to get.


Oddly, on the other side of the fault, in the other continent, are the Red Rocks, sitting on the beach as if plunked down by God himself in a moment of Impressionism.




Yup, that's me. We also took in the Cape D'Or lighthouse, another awesome site, but that's for the next blog post. So stay tuned.





 

No comments:

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...