Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Here is part two of this mini series on procrastination. So don't just bookmark it to read it later. Read it now!

How to overcome procrastination wisely

How to overcome procrastination wisely?

All this time you were looking for techniques to tell you how to avoid procrastination. But that is a long and challenging process—which we don’t like. The philosopher John Perry developed the term “structured procrastination.”
Dr. Perry confessed being a lazy worker himself and searched for various ways to help people with this irritating problem. His main idea about overcoming procrastination was challenging to accept—those who work idly rarely do nothing at all.
Just think about it:
What do you do when avoiding a difficult job? We bet you don’t waste your time by looking at the ceiling.
The art of procrastination isn’t about putting you to work no matter what. Honestly, postponing your tasks can be really useful for you.
The main goal is to get benefits from these acts of laziness!
Even procrastinating at work isn’t as bad as you think. Want some proof?
You can watch this procrastination TED talk by Tim Urban, famous blogger. He proves that creative people aren’t immune to idleness.

Jack Milgram

Author's biography

I have been interested in writing since I made the acquaintance of pen and paper. My first letters were really funny, and my mom still keeps them as mementoes. However, as soon as I learned how to write words, I started forming them into sentences. And do you know what my first sentence said? “I love my words”. It was written so ineptly that it looked more like “I love my weird”. When I was younger and played in a band I also started writing poems, but to be honest, prose is much easier for me and I’m doing much better focusing on exactly that. I started writing, but often left unfinished, many of my essays at school, as well as my researches at college, where I studied psychology and education. I started freelance writing when I was a student. I have never found sitting in an office appealing, and a world traveler is actually my true alter-ego. That is why freelancing was my career solution. And now, here you are, reading my tips and guidance for my favorite occupation while I am actually doing what I love all over the world.

Barbara's note: You can find more of his posts at  https://custom-writing.org/blog/

No comments:

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...